Khalid S Khan
MMEd, MRCOG, MSc, FCPS, MBBS
Professor of Women's Health and Clinical Epidemiology
Khalid Saeed Khan graduated from Medical School in 1989. He is Professor of Women’s Health and Clinical Epidemiology at Barts and the London School of Medicine. He Leads Population Health and Translational Biomedical Research Themes. He has published over 200 peer reviewed journal articles making contribution in systematic reviews (meta-analyses), trials of treatments and tests, health technology assessments, and evaluation of educational methods. His book on Evidence-based Medicine won the BMA medical book competition. He is Editor-in-Cheif of BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Associate Editor of Evidence-based Medicine.
Women’s Health and Clinical Epidemiology
- Kulier R, Gülmezoglu AM, Zamora J, Plana MN, Carroli G, Cecatti JG, Germar MJ, Pisake L, Mittal S, Pattison R, Wolomby-Molondo JJ, Bergh AM, May W, Souza JP, Koppenhoefer S, Khan KS. Effectiveness of a clinically integrated e-learning course in evidence-based medicine for reproductive health training: a randomized trial. JAMA. 2012 Dec 5;308(21):2218-25.
- Ewer AK, Middleton LJ, Furmston AT, Bhoyar A, Daniels JP, Thangaratinam S, Deeks JJ, Khan KS; on behalf of the PulseOx Study Group. Pulse oximetry screening for congenital heart defects in newborn infants (PulseOx): a test accuracy study. Lancet 2011;378(9790) doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(11)60753-8.
- Daniels JP, Khan KS. Chronic pelvic pain in women. BMJ 2010; 341:c4834.
- Middleton LJ, Khan KS; International Heavy Menstrual Bleeding Individual Patient Data Meta-analysis Collaborative Group. Hysterectomy, endometrial destruction, and levonorgestrel releasing intrauterine system (Mirena) for heavy menstrual bleeding: systematic review and meta-analysis of data from individual patients. BMJ. 2010:6;341:c3929. doi: 10.1136/bmj.c3929.
- Daniels J, Khan KS; LUNA Trial Collaboration. Laparoscopic uterosacral nerve ablation for alleviating chronic pelvic pain: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2009;302(9):955-61.
- Cnossen JS, Khan KS, et al. Accuracy of mean arterial pressure and blood pressure measurements in predicting pre-eclampsia: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ 2008;336:1117.
- Latthe P; Khan KS et al. Factors predisposing women to chronic pelvic pain: a systematic review. BMJ. 2006; 332 : 749
- Khan KS et al. WHO analysis of causes of maternal death: a systematic review. Lancet. 2006; 367: 1066
View all Khalid Khan's Research Publications at: http://www.researchpublications.qmul.ac.uk